JOHANNESBURG - Kwaito star Sipho “Brickz” Ndlovu will have to wait another week to know his sentence for raping a 16-year-old.
On Thursday, the Roodeport Magistrate’s Court postponed Ndlovu’s sentencing to 28 September after defence attorney Piet du Plessis told magistrate John Baloyi that he had received the remainder of the court transcript only on the day.
In July, the court found Ndlovu guilty of the 2013 rape of a then 16-year-old-girl in his Ruimsig home. Last month, he was denied bail pending sentencing, with the judge citing concerns over the singer being a flight risk.
Ndlovu said he had been forced to sell most of his assets to pay legal fees for the three-year-long trial.