MONUSCOs Attack Helicopter providing aerial and ground protection of a convoy carrying FDLR ExCombatants on their de- induction from Kanyabayonga transit camp.
KINSHASA - The governor of North-Kivu province in troubled eastern DRCongo told AFP on Thursday that five civilians had been killed in a UN helicopter attack against rebel fighters this week.
Governor Julien Paluku told AFP by telephone that he had just received confirmation from a delegation that visited the scene of Monday&39;s attack that "MONUSCO pounded a village essentially made up of civilians" and that "as of today ... five civilians were killed."
The United Nations has 22,000 peacekeepers serving in the Democratic Republic of Congo&39;s MONUSCO force, the United Nation&39;s largest mission worldwide.
Martin Kobler (MONUSCO) on the situation in the Democratic Republic of the Congo - Security... http://t.co/BiBfEipK1b— ANGLO CONGO (@AngloCongo) October 8, 2015