File: A motorist filling up with petrol. eNCA
JOHANNESBURG - The price of petrol is expected to drop by 19 cents on Wednesday.
Lower global crude oil prices have capped local petrol prices.
Diesel will decrease by 54-cents a litre.
Paraffin users will pay up to 91 cents less.
The maximum LPGas retail price will sink by 32c per kg.
Based on current local and international factors, the fuel prices for March 2020 will be
adjusted as follows;
- Petrol (both 93 ULP and LRP): 19 cents per litre decrease
- Petrol (both 95 ULP and LRP): 19 cents per litre decrease
- Diesel (0.05% sulphur): 54 cents per litre decrease
- Diesel (0.005% sulphur): 54 cents per litre decrease
- Illuminating Paraffin (wholesale): 68 cents per litre decrease
- SMNRP for IP: 91 cents per litre decrease
- Maximum LPGas Retail Price: 32 cents per kilogram decrease
The Department of Energy said the fuel prices schedule for the different zones will be published on Tuesday.