If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Wine tasting is not such a mystery.
CAPE TOWN – The recently released 2015 South African Wine Index has announced its list of the country&39;s top 10.
“The SA Wine Index provides an excellent benchmark for the wine industry,” said Western Cape Minister of Economic Opportunities Alan Winde on Wednesday.
“It showcases South Africa’s highest quality wines.”
In order to make wine selection simpler for local connoisseurs, the SA Wine Index has combined the results of 84 global competitions, wine reviews, and listings, giving each wine a single score out of 100.
“I’m pleased to see that Western Cape wine farms have received the recognition they deserve,” Winde said.
“We have an excellent tourism offering, backed up by quality products.”
The top 10 South African producers, according to the index:
- Saronsberg Cellar (Tulbagh)
- Bouchard Finlayson (Hermanus)
- Jordan Wine Estate (Stellenbosch)
- Hamilton Russell Vineyards (Hermanus)
- KWV Mentors Range (Paarl)
- Rustenberg Wines (Stellenbosch)
- Rijks Private Cellar (Tulbagh)
- Groot Constantia Estate (Constantia)
- Constantia Glen (Constantia)
- Spier (Stellenbosch)