JOHANNESBURG - Over 50 shacks were destroyed when a fire occurred at the Plastic View informal settlement in Tshwane on Saturday.
The fire has left over 120 people displaced.
Tshwane Emergency Services spokesperson Johan Pieterse said the fire occurred around just after 12 pm.
“Firefighters arrived within 12 minutes on the scene. When they arrived, there was just chaos. But, we managed to contain the fire from spreading to another block.”
“We established from a community leader that the fire was caused by a paraffin stove that was left unattended.”
Disaster Management were on the scene to assist the displaced.