Bobani lives to fight another day

A motion of no confidence vote against him initially planned for Thursday morning has been cancelled.

JOHANNESBURG - Nelson Mandela Bay Mayor Mongameli Bobani's job is safe for now.

A motion of no confidence vote against him initially planned for Thursday morning has been cancelled.

This is said to be due to security concerns.

READ: Overwhelming support for Bobani at NMB council meeting

No decision has been taken on when the meeting will be reconvened.

"The speaker has been advised by the SAPS that there's quiet a lot of tensions in relation to this meeting... If any issue is about safety we take advice from the SAPS... The matter has been cancelled. The speaker will sit with the security cluster and pave a way forward," said Mthubanzi Mniki, Nelson Mandela Bay Spkesperson.

Bobani took over from arch-rival Athol Trollip, but since then his political career has been going through a rough patch.

Source
eNCA