Charges against Duduzane Zuma provisionally withdrawn

File: Former South African President Jacob Zuma speaks on the phone during the court appearance of his son Duduzane Zuma at the Randburg Magistrates Court, South Africa, August 23, 2018.

File: The NPA says charges are being withdrawn because former deputy finance minister Mcebisi Jonas's evidence at the state capture inquiry hasn't yet been finalised.

REUTERS

JOHANNESBURG - The NPA has announced that the state has provisionally withdrawn corruption charges against Duduzane Zuma.

Zuma appeared in the Specialised Commercial Crime Court in Johannesburg where state prosecutors withdrew the case pending further evidence.

READ: State to drop corruption charges against Duduzane Zuma

The NPA says charges were being withdrawn because former deputy finance minister Mcebisi Jonas's evidence at the state capture inquiry hasn't yet been finalised.

The former president's son was charged last year, over an alleged R600-million bribe offer made to Jonas.

- Additional reporting Reuters

Source
eNCA