Corrupt officials will face consequences: KZN DG

Thirteen KZN government officials have been suspended for alleged links to the irregular procurement of Covid-19 blankets and PPE to the value of 22-million rand. Now we speak to the head of department Nelly Vilakazi, who joins us live from Durban.

DURBAN - KwaZulu-Natal's acting social development Director-General Nelly Vilakazi says those linked to the province's R22-million COVID-19 blanket scandal will face the music.

Thirteen officials have been suspended following a forensic investigation into the procurement of PPE.

READ: Mkhize 'satisfied' with KZN COVID-19 readiness

The DG said blanket provision has always been a part of the social development initiatives for the province and was included in COVID-19 pandemic programmes as a way to provide for the homeless.

The investigation into the procurement in the province found there had been an abuse of the emergency procurement provisions for COVID-19.

- Coronavirus Hotline Number: 0800 029 999 from 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday

Help protect your loved ones by sharing this official South African government COVID-19 service with your family, friends and community.

Send HI to 0600 123 456 on WhatsApp.

The NICD has another Clinician Hotline to improve #COVID19 communication and support for healthcare providers. The Clinician Hotline is 0800 11 1131, operating 24 hrs. The Public Hotline is 0800 029 999 also operating 24hrs.

Source
eNCA