Domestic flights have been given the all-clear and are being allowed to fly between OR Tambo, King Shaka, Cape Town and Lanseria International Airports.
JOHANNESBURG - Transport Minister Fikile Mbalula on Wednesday approved domestic flights to 11 more airports.
The airports where domestic passenger flights are acceptable, according to the government gazette are as follows:
- Bram Fischer International Airport
- Cape Town International Airport
- East London
- George Airport
- Hoedspruit Airport
- Kimberly Airport
- King Shaka International Airport
- Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
- Lanseria International Airport
- Margate Airport
- Mthatha Airport
- OR Tambo International Airport
- Phalaborwa Airport
- Pietermaritzburg Airport
- Plettenberg Bay Airport
- Polokwane Airport
- Port Elizabeth International Airport
- Richards Bay Airport
- Sishen Airport
- Skukuza Airport
- Upington International Airport
The country will gradually and cautiously ease restrictions on international travel on Level 1.
"We will be allowing travel into and out of South Africa for business, leisure and other travel with effect from 1 October 2020," President Cyril Ramaphosa announced on Wednesday.
- Coronavirus Hotline Number: 0800 029 999 from 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday
Help protect your loved ones by sharing this official South African government COVID-19 service with your family, friends and community.
Send HI to 0600 123 456 on WhatsApp.
The NICD has another Clinician Hotline to improve #COVID19 communication and support for healthcare providers. The Clinician Hotline is 0800 11 1131, operating 24 hrs. The Public Hotline is 0800 029 999 also operating 24hrs.