File: The former Soweto scholar patroller Johannes Molefe has been acquitted on all charges.
JOHANNESBURG - Parents of students who were sexually assaulted at a Soweto primary school are unhappy with the judgment that emerged on Wednesday.
The parents of the victims argued they should not suffer because of police errors.
The former Soweto scholar patroller Johannes Molefe has been acquitted on all charges.
The 58-year-old was on trial on three rape counts and 11 of sexual assault, which were all allegedly committed last year.
While reading out the ruling, the judge said the conduct of teachers, police, and the Teddy Bear clinic contaminated the case.
The families of the victims say they have informed authorities about their dissatisfaction with their conduct.
Phindi Senye, the representative for the parents, said "the judge concentrated more on the errors, they even mentioned a comedy of errors that took place.
"If there was an error why should the victims be penalised?"