The KwaZulu-Natal government says it will intensify campaigns to ensure that people obey the lockdown regulations, especially in eThekwini. So far the province has the most COVID-19 related deaths. Courtesy #DStv403
DURBAN - People who test positive for COVID-19 in KwaZulu-Natal will no longer be allowed to self-isolate.
The health department will move them to quarantine facilities.
The provincial government says many people with the virus have not been adhering to instructions.
KwaZulu-Natal Health MEC Nomagugu Simelane-Zulu said communities have been reporting people who are still moving around, despite testing positive for the virus.
Simelane-Zulu stated a team from the department is going around all private hospitals to check that they are adhering to protocols and find out where they need assistance.
Meanwhile, premier Sihle Zikalala said the province will start to sanitise informal settlements as part of efforts to curb the spread of COVID-19.
KZN is experiencing the highest number of coronavirus-related deaths.
- Coronavirus Hotline Number: 0800 029 999 from 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday
Help protect your loved ones by sharing this official South African government COVID-19 service with your family, friends and community.
Send HI to 0600 123 456 on WhatsApp.
The NICD has another Clinician Hotline to improve #COVID19 communication and support for healthcare providers. The Clinician Hotline is 0800 11 1131, operating 24 hrs. The Public Hotline is 0800 029 999 also operating 24hrs.