JOHANNESBURG - Tourism Minister Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane has announced which services will be permitted during alert level three of the lockdown.
South Africa moves to alert level three of the lockdown from Monday, 1 June.
Here is a list of permitted and prohibited services in the tourism industry;
- Restaurants for delivery or collection of food
- Tourist guides, tour operators, travel agents, and tourism information officers
- Training of nature guides and other related services
- Public and private game farms opened for self-drive excursions
- Hiking can be done but not in groups
- Accommodation activities are allowed for business but not for except for leisure
- Hunting and gaming activities
- Conferences, events, entertainment activities (such as festivals)
- Leisure travel
- Coronavirus Hotline Number: 0800 029 999 from 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
Help protect your loved ones by sharing this official South African government COVID-19 service with your family, friends and community.
Send HI to 0600 123 456 on WhatsApp.
The NICD has another Clinician Hotline to improve #COVID19 communication and support for healthcare providers. The Clinician Hotline is 0800 11 1131, operating 24 hrs. The Public Hotline is 0800 029 999 also operating 24hrs.