File: The power utility stated they have been using their emergency resources to generate enough electricity for the country.
The power utility stated they have been using their emergency resources to generate enough electricity for the country.
Eskom said they have been using diesel generators while waiting for some of the coal generators to come back online.
"We are managing the volatility of our ageing power system by implementing scheduled maintenance and keeping close tabs on units that experience breakdowns," Eskom said in a statement.
"Getting back to stability will take some time and we request our customers to work with us by reducing their demand while we work on improving the effectiveness of our maintenance."
Eskom had the following tips for customers:
- Set air-conditioners' average temperature at 23 degrees
- Switch off geysers over peak periods
- Use the cold water tap rather than using the geyser every time
- Set your swimming pool pump cycle to run twice a day, three hours at a time for optimal energy use
- At the end of the day, turn off computers, copiers, printers and fax machines at the switch. Avoid standby or sleep mode.