JOHANNESBURG - Eskom says the explosion at the Medupi power station in August last year was due to non-compliance with procedures.
Eskom Chief Operations Officer Jan Oberholzer says action will be taken against those who failed to follow proper procedure resulting in damage of R2.5bn.
Oberholzer adds that while it tries its best to avoid it, Eskom will revert to power cuts if the system comes under strain.
#Eskom #MediaStatement— Eskom Hld SOC Ltd (@Eskom_SA) January 27, 2022
Eskom makes major strides in its operational recovery process, cautions the path to sustainability will be long and hard pic.twitter.com/cmD0af00bi