Part of the M2 highway is being closed for maintenance.
JOHANNESBURG - It's more bad news for motorists as part of the M2 highway is being closed for maintenance on Monday.
IN PICTURES: N3 bridge collapse
This is the second time the particular stretch of road will be inaccessible.
The Johannesburg Roads Agency (JRA) say the closure is to allow the bridge rehabilitation to resume.
The closure is set to remain in place until the end of October 2019.
Traffic flow to accommodate motorists:
• The M2 eastbound will be closed between Crown Interchange and Heidelberg Road.
• No traffic will be allowed to travel eastbound past the Village Road off-ramp at Crown Interchange.
• Traffic will be allowed to enter the M2 westbound at West Street travelling towards Main Reef Road and the M1 southbound.
• No access to the M1 northbound from the M2.
• Traffic will be allowed to enter the M2 eastbound at Heidelberg Road on-ramp or Maritzburg Street on-ramp.
• The M2 westbound will further be closed between Maritzburg Street off-ramp and Crown Interchange.
• No traffic will be allowed to travel westbound passed Maritzburg off-ramp.
The following on-ramps will be closed
1. Main Reef Road on-ramp onto the M2 eastbound
2. M1 approaching from the south, ramp onto the M2 eastbound
3. M1 approaching from the north, ramp onto the M2 eastbound
4. Simmonds Street on-ramp onto the M2 eastbound
5. Eloff Street on-ramp onto the M2 eastbound
6. Heidelberg Road on-ramp onto the M2 westbound from the south and the north
7. Heidelberg Road on-ramp onto the M2 eastbound from the north
8. Wemmer Pan Road on-ramp onto the M2 westbound
9. Eloff Street on-ramp onto the M2 westbound
10. Booysens Road on-ramp onto the M2 westbound
11. M2 on-ramp onto the M1 travelling north
The following access points will be available to and from the M2
1. Village Road off-ramp
2. Heidelberg Road northern on-ramp onto the M2 eastbound
3. Maritzburg Street off-ramp
4. West Street on-ramp onto the M2 travelling west towards Main Reef or south towards Soweto.
Motorists are advised to make alternatives travel plans.