Senzo case will be solved: Cele

File: Senzo Meyiwa was killed four years ago in an alleged break-in.

File: Senzo Meyiwa was killed four years ago in an alleged break-in.

JOHANNESBURG - Police Minister Bheki Cele says South Africans will know what happened to Senzo Meyiwa by Easter.

The late soccer star was killed four years ago in an alleged break-in.

However, the case has remained unsolved despite there being witnesses present.

Police beefed up the investigation into Meyiwa's murder case last year.

READ: Soccer legends ask police to up their game in Senzo Meyiwa case

Meyiwa’s father Samuel told the Sunday Tribune in 2015 that he believed that his son’s death was a hit.

He said he believes not all statements given to the police about his son's death tell the full truth.

Meyiwa also questioned why the police were moving at a “snail’s pace” despite him giving them a “solid lead” about his son’s killers.

Source
eNCA
Story Coverage