File: Transport Minister Fikile Mbalula.
JOHANNESBURG - No one is immune to COVID-19.
That's the warning from Transport Minister Fikile Mbalula.
He was addressing taxi officials on Wednesday.
Taxis are only allowed to ferry 70 percent of their usual passenger load (without masks).
• A minibus licensed to carry 10 passengers, is limited to carry a maximum of 7 passengers.
• A minibus licensed to carry 15 passengers, is limited to carry the maximum of 10 passengers.
• A midi-bus permitted to carry a maximum of 22 passengers, is limited to carry a maximum of 15 passengers
• A vehicle licensed to carry a maximum of 4 passengers is limited to carrying 50 percent of its permissible passenger-carrying capacity.
During the lockdown period, all minibus and midi-bus taxi vehicles are permitted to load their maximum 100 percent passenger loading capacity as provided for in their operating licenses, provided that all passengers are wearing masks.
- Coronavirus Hotline Number: 0800 029 999 from 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday
Help protect your loved ones by sharing this official South African government COVID-19 service with your family, friends and community.
Send HI to 0600 123 456 on WhatsApp.
The NICD has another Clinician Hotline to improve #COVID19 communication and support for healthcare providers. The Clinician Hotline is 0800 11 1131, operating 24 hrs. The Public Hotline is 0800 029 999 also operating 24hrs.