Former president Jacob Zuma will continue to give evidence at the state capture inquiry.
JOHANNESBURG - Former president Jacob Zuma will continue giving evidence at the state capture inquiry.
Earlier, Zuma's lawyer Muzi Sikhakhane claimed his client had been treated unfairly.
State capture inquiry chairperson Deputy Chief Justice Raymond Zondo met with legal teams to try to find a way forward after Zuma said he is no longer willing to participate.
An agitated Sikhakhane said the inquiry had become "a political process," drawing loud clapping and cheering from Zuma loyalists in the public seats at the inquiry.
Zuma, who started testifying on Monday, had dismissed all accusations made against him by previous witnesses to the inquiry.
He was due to give a final day of evidence on Friday after the inquiry was adjourned on Wednesday when he complained that the questioning was effectively a court cross-examination.
- Additional reporting AFP
Former President Jacob Zuma wanted out of the state capture inquiry. His lawyer earlier said the commission has already decided his client's guilt.