Flora Recipe: Flap Jacks With Flora Gold Honey And Thyme
Livestream of the recipe will be broadcast at 11 am | Recorded version will be available immediately after the stream.
- 40g sugar
- 30ml (2 tbsp.) Flora Gold, melted
- 150g cake flour
- 20ml (4 tsp) baking powder
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) salt
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- Flora Gold for frying
- For the Flora Gold:
- 60ml (¼ cup) Flora Gold
- 15ml (1 tbsp.) honey
- 3sprigs thyme, chopped
- 125ml (½ cup) double thick cream
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar and Flora Gold.
- In a separate bowl sieve together cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- Fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture together with 125ml milk.
- Add the remaining milk until it forms a smooth dough.
- Heat a dollop of Flora Gold in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add 45 ml of the flap jack batter to the pan. Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Combine the Flora Gold, honey and thyme in a small bowl. Serve dollops of Flora Gold mixture on top of the hot flap jacks. Serve with double thick cream.
My name is Haseena. I’m an Occupational therapist by profession and enjoy working with children. I was never a person who enjoyed being in the kitchen but being a mom of 3 I found that I needed to make meals and dishes that my children enjoyed whilst being easy to cook. I started my page @the_daily_dilemna to share with others the fact that cooking and baking are actually easy, fun and very much therepeutic. One does not need to spend hours in the kitchen in order to make a healthy and nutritious meal.
When I’m not busy cooking up a storm or working, I’m busy being a mom, a chauffeur, a tutor and sometimes even a referee!! The best time of day for me is coffee time and I look forward to sitting down with a good, strong coffee whilst reading a book, scrolling through Instagram or catching up on any Netflix series I’m following. I try to stay healthy by going to gym a few times a week (I try!!) and I enjoy spending time with my family either going out to a fun place for the children or even just going out for a meal and ice cream. I enjoy travelling with my family and exploring new cities and countries.