SPONSORED: South Africa stands strong with the UN Women’s Orange the World campaign, engendering further awareness to the global crisis of gender-based violence, and striving to co-create a safer world for women and girls.
Gender-based violence is not violence against women. The perpetrators are mostly men. This is why Brand South Africa brought together 6 strong local men to not only denounce the act of gender-based violence, but to hold men accountable for the micro aggressions of toxic masculinity. The embers of gender-based violence can begin with a whisper, a joke, a comment, a word. It is time to stop making excuses for gender-based violence. We cannot be silent.
The men featured are:
- SAFTA Award Winning Actor, Women’s Right Activist and LGBTQ Ally, Siv Ngesi.
- Rugby Champion and Gentle Giant, Tendai Mtawarira.
- Soapie Actor and Fitness Enthusiast, Maurice Paige.
- Former SA Football Striker, Kaizer Motaung Jr.
- Comedian, father and husband, Nicholas Goliath.
- Producer, Actor and Director, Jonathan Boynton-Lee.