File: Municipalities and water boards owe around R10.7-billion.
JOHANNESBURG - With only 10 weeks before Cape Town hits day zero, we bring you some tips on how to reduce water usage.
1. Shower for 90 seconds using 15 litres
2. Use 18 litres for dishes and laundry
3. Cook with only two litres
WATER CALCULATOR: What it&39;s going to take to stick to Cape Town&39;s water limits
4. Drink three litres per day
5. Use three litres for general hygiene
6. Flush once after using the rest room
This would add up to 50 litres of water used in a day.