Convicted paralympian Oscar Pistorius was sentenced to six years in prison for the murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp
• Editor&39;s note: This live event has ended. You may watch a recording in the gallery above.
JOHANNESBURG - Former Paralympian Oscar Pistorius is due in court on Wednesday to face judgment for the murder of his former girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp.
He faces the prospect of a 15-year prison term.
After serving one year of his five-year sentence for culpable homicide, the South African athlete was released from prison in Pretoria last October.
Pistorius made global headlines when he shot the 29-year-old model several times through a locked bathroom door, saying he thought she was an intruder.
Judge Thokozile Masipa will deliver the final sentence to conclude the drama-filled case.
Here are key moments from the sentencing procedures:
1) Pistorius demonstrates standing on his stumps
2) Reeva is with me all the time: Barry Steenkamp
3) Reeva never loved Pistorius, says her cousin
4) Oscar has not spent time in a jail cell
5) Reeva’s parents have been led to believe Oscar shot her intentionally: Carl Pistorius
6) Barry Steenkamp describes the day he learned Reeva had died
7) Pistorius said to be rude
8) Reeva&39;s family awaits apology from Pistorius
9) Oscar imprisonment could be harmful, says psychologist
11) Oscar Pistorius has been victimised, says Roux
12) Pistorius&39;s disability affected his ability to think clearly: Roux
Contributor: Nadia Omar