State capture whistleblower flees SA

PHOTO_LIVESTREAM_JUN16_160616jpg

Johannesburg, 19 June 2016 - The Guptas have denied reports that they tried to capture rail agency Prasa. The Sunday Times says the claims are made in a letter written in 2012 by former Prasa CEO Lucky Montana.

JOHANNESBURG - A whistleblower, reportedly a former CEO of a Gupta-linked company has fled South Africa after revealing that the company's top executives knew of the axing of the former finance minister Nhlanhla Nene months before it happened. 

As reported by the Sunday Times, the whistleblower's affidavit to former public protector Thuli Madonsela tells in detail how Trillian CEO Eric Wood briefed some of the company's top executives about Nene's axing in October last year.

The individual has reportedly fled the country after revealing further details of the plan for Trillian to secure contracts from the Treasury, including the nuclear deal. 

Nene was fired from the finance minister position in December 2015. His replacement, Des van Rooyen, only lasted four days due to intense public criticism of the move. 

EXCLUSIVE: Nene opens up about sacking

Earlier this year, Deputy Finance Minister Mcebisi Jonas also came out about an offer from the Guptas to take on the position, swearing in an affidavit that he was offered R600,000.

According to the Sunday Times, Wood described the whistleblower as a "disaffected employee" and accused her of stealing confidential company information and fraud.

This comes to light just says after new Public Protector Busisiwe Mkhwebane has indicated that she will not oppose President Jacob Zuma's interdict against the release of the 'State Capture' report.