SABC reports loss of R411m

Photo_Web_SABC_070616

File: The SABC has denied that there was any ulterior motive to canning the Sunday morning show, The Editors.

JOHANNESBURG - The SABC has announced a loss of R411-million for the 2015/16 financial year.

The public broadcaster's acting CEO James Aguma presented its financials in Auckland Park on Thursday.

Aguma said the decrease in the goverment's subsidy was a factor that contributed to the loss. THe SABC received less than 3% of funding from the state.

Aguma said the SABC said that despite an announcement of profit in 2013, the auditor general put a disclaimer on the broadcaster’s financials.

He said the SABC made remarkable progress in clearing three qualification issues for irregular, fruitless and wasteful expenditure.

Last year, the SABC reported losses of close to 400-million rand.

 

 

 

Paid Content