Woman who killed daughter's alleged rapist won't be charged

EASTERN CAPE 09 October 2017 - An Eastern Cape woman dubbed the "mother lionness" is free after the case against her was dropped on Monday. She had admitted to stabbing a man to death and wounding two others when they allegedly gang-raped her daughter. Video: eNCA

JOHANNESBURG – The murder and attempted murder case against an Eastern Cape woman, arrested after she killed one man and wounded two others who she allegedly found raping her daughter, has been struck off the roll.

The National Prosecuting Authority declined to proceed with the case as they said their chances of a successful prosecution were negligible.

 

 

The woman had been out on R500 bail.

Her 27-year-old daughter was allegedly gang raped by three men.

When the woman intervened during the incident, the men tried to overpower her, but she fought back, killing one and wounding two others.

 

 

The two surviving suspects are being held in custody, charged with rape. They will be appearing on Wednesday in Lady Frere Magistrate Court.

The case is expected to be transferred to the High Court where the suspects will apply for bail, after which the trial will proceed. The prosecution has said they will try to ensure bail is not granted, because the mother has been threatened by them and their families where she lives.

 

 

eNCA

Discussion Policy

eNCA.com would like to send you push notifications.
Notifications can be turned off any time in your browser settings.
You have been registered for browser notifications