JOHANNESBURG - Police are hunting for the suspects in connection with the killing of two tourists in Kruger National Park.
Their bodies were found with stab wounds in the Levubu River after going missing.
A search operation was launched on Thursday after camp staff noticed that the tourists had not returned.
The search led to the discovery of their bodies yesterday.
Police said the bodies of a 71-year-old man and a woman believed to be his partner
were found near Cross Corner at the meeting point of the Levubu and Limpopo Rivers.
The couple had been staying in the Park after arriving on Sunday, but were last seen at a picnic site earlier in the week before they failed to return.
Authorities said their vehicle, a green Ford Ranger double cab, is missing as investigations continue into murder and hijacking.
Police, SANParks and border officials are working together to track down the suspects.
Minister of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment, Willie Aucamp, expressed shock at the incident.
"This is the first time in the history of this Park that something like this happened and it should never repeat itself," he said.